cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 refusing refund on iphone in first 14 days !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

8 days ago i bought an iphone 5c Refurbished 16gb on 02 refresh online, £9.99 upfront and £8pm for handset and £21pm for airtime. in first 48 hours i phoned 02 to pay off the handset in full and cancel the airtime agreement. so i have paid £9.99 and £192 and the phone is completely mine

I have changed my mind about the 5c but they will not allow me to send the handset back in the first 14 days according to customer services due to some b/s about having paid off the handset in full and they will not take it back full stop. The invoice that came with the phone says i can send it back within 14 days and there is a prepaid barcode but no address to send it to. The phone just came in a cardboard box with cable and i collected it from local store.

On chat with 02 agent, he 100% told me I can send it back to 02 and get my £209 back. i have searched all day the T & C of 02 and cant find anything that says you are forbidden from sending a refurbished iphone back in 14 days if you paid for it in full and are not happy.

Please help, 14 days soon expires.

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

15 views and not one person has a view or can tell me im in the right or wrong ...?

Message 2 of 26

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Possibly nobody knows.........or it's too late and everyone's gone to bed.

I would have thought a refurb would be no different to a new one, but only O2 can confirm that.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 26

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Well I'd say that yes you should be able to return it in the first 14 days no matter if it's fully paid for or not.

Ring cs back and insist they take it back.

As you've not got long left I'll give our community manager a shout out for you, he might be able to help you via the pm system @Toby

Good luck.

Message 4 of 26

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

You are well within your rights to return in the 14 day cooling off period. Have a look at this link (and click on the others within it) There are no exclusions for it being a refurbished phone.

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/shop-purchasing-terms/reconditioned-handsets-terms-and-conditions

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 26

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Your rights as a customer are your rights regardless of anything else.
You are allowed 14 days to change your mind so you need to invoke that right.
As you collected in store have you tried going back to the store you purchased from?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Being a refurb shouldn't exclude it, take it back & insist you have your money back
Message 7 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

There is no distinction in the t and c in relation to refurb equipment as far as I can see. Maybe the fact you paid the device plan off then decided to cancel is causing the problem - I suspect they will try to argue that if you wanted to cancel why pay the device off - either way the 14 day period is quite clear, irrespective of how you have reached this point they should refund.

Message 8 of 26

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

I have trawled the terms and conditions, both for refresh and pay monthly, also for returns and refurbs and there is nothing to stipulate that a refurb phone cannot be returned within 14 days whether paid for in full or still within the refresh plan.

However you do need to insist, speak to a manager if necessary.

Message 9 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Speak to a manager. You have wasted a lot of time. Make sure whoever it is can make decisions. If they don't agree - DON'T let the matter slide. You have full consumer rights and can have your money back. If they don't agree - take the matter to the Small Claims Court. It may be hassle however no company should be allowed to get away with such shoddiness. You don't need a lawyer. You can fill a form out etc and take the matter further. Go to google and look up how to put a small claim in. Make sure you have also written to O2 and have a copy of the letter that you write to head of AND PROOF of posting of your formal complaint. This may take quite a long time - however you will eventually get your money back! Good luck. 

Message 10 of 26