cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 open code

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all,

Took my o2 open code into store at the weekend to buy new iphone and was told (following a transfer of my number to o2) that I would have to then text the code through to o2. I was given a pre printed note with instructions on etc.

My query is that there seems to be quite a lot of conflicting information on the web about these codes, with various people having problems etc. When I signed up for the code at www.o2open.co.uk  they say to take the code in store and the staff would apply the discount.

I guess I am pre-empting potential problems, but has anyone else applied their codes via text and had success?

Some reassurance would be greatly appreciated as I'm not feeling confident at the moment!

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Are you in the first on the of the contract? Did you buy direct from o2? Are you on Refresh.

Message 11 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi..at the O2 shop they reminded me that i can seek an Open code as my new employer is on O2 list to seek monthly discount. Where do you actually locate the open Code to be able to text 2020 with the details and organise the credit? Thank you in advance for your help
Message 12 of 18

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It needs to be applied within the first 30 days of the contract starting.

Message 14 of 18

MI5
  • 143457 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Help thread here

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/O2-Open-and-Friends-and-Family-Discount-Schemes...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have to buy direct with O2 shop or online or can I get a contract via Uswitch etc then apply discount code. Thanks

Message 16 of 18

MI5
  • 143457 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It has to be direct from o2, so no, not via uswitch.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for that 😊
Message 18 of 18