cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 open as a family member

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I have a parent who works for the NHS. Does anyone have a step by step instruction of how to get the discount applied to my refresh contract?

I know you have to go to this website - https://o2open.co.uk/O2Open/servlets/SignUp. Do I put in my mother's name and details in here so she get's texted a open code?

After I have that code, I believe I'm meant to text "Open" to 2020. After I've done that it sends instructions to text the code, name, mobile number etc. Do I put in her name and my mobile number? or my name and my mobile number?

How do they even verify that she even works for the NHS?

Thanks

Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
All explained here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/O2-Open-and-Friends-and-Family-Discount-Schemes...
You have to do it from your phone number but you can use your Mothers details to get the code.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
All explained here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/O2-Open-and-Friends-and-Family-Discount-Schemes...
You have to do it from your phone number but you can use your Mothers details to get the code.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks! It doesn't explain though how if I use my mothers details to get the code how o2 verify that my mum actually works for the nhs.

Also how does where I purchase my phone from affect the 30% discount. I want to get the s6 edge with the 10gb tariff, but this isn't available on the o2 site, only with carphone warehouse
Message 3 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@AnonymousA personal thanks from me for asking all those detailed questions. Things I have actually wanted to know in order to understand the process.

Its easy enough for me to provide a link...but as I dont use Open, I have always wondered how it works from a users perspective. (Even though the guide by @MI5 is very easy to understand) wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 18

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You have to buy direct from O2.
You can't get it from CPW and have the discount.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
You have to buy direct from O2.
You can't get it from CPW and have the discount.

And @MI5 ....do you have to be on the Refresh tariff?..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 18

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
SIMO too I believe.
To answer about validating eligibility, it says:
Proof of identity in the form of a payslip or company ID is required. One card or code per person, per calendar year.
Taken from here: http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/o2-open-terms-and-conditions

Currently using:
Message 7 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Except when does the process of showing them valid id even happen when you get a code online and apply the code via text?

Message 8 of 18

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @MI5

I'll want to add this guide to out upcoming Knowledge Base. Is there anything specific that you'd like to add? 

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 9 of 18

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

No validation needed when submitting by text....but they do say they check! How?

Message 10 of 18