cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 open as a family member

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I have a parent who works for the NHS. Does anyone have a step by step instruction of how to get the discount applied to my refresh contract?

I know you have to go to this website - https://o2open.co.uk/O2Open/servlets/SignUp. Do I put in my mother's name and details in here so she get's texted a open code?

After I have that code, I believe I'm meant to text "Open" to 2020. After I've done that it sends instructions to text the code, name, mobile number etc. Do I put in her name and my mobile number? or my name and my mobile number?

How do they even verify that she even works for the NHS?

Thanks

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144304 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Toby wrote:

Hi @MI5

I'll want to add this guide to out upcoming Knowledge Base. Is there anything specific that you'd like to add? 

I think it's all good @Toby, thanks

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 18

MI5
  • 144304 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Except when does the process of showing them valid id even happen when you get a code online and apply the code via text?

It only seems to apply when you do it in store.

If doing it all online they don't check anything as far as I'm aware.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 12 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks! It doesn't explain though how if I use my mothers details to get the code how o2 verify that my mum actually works for the nhs.

Also how does where I purchase my phone from affect the 30% discount. I want to get thes6 edge with the10gb tariff, but this isn't available on theo2 site, only withcarphone warehouse

Hi there @Anonymous

Just a few things...O2 don’t include Samsung S6 128GB, Samsung S6 Edge 128GB, Pay & Go, any non O2 Refresh tariffs, sharer plans or business accounts in the O2 Open scheme.

Also it can only be done in store now. Hope this helps slight_smile

Message 13 of 18

MI5
  • 144304 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
I know someone with a 128gb S6 Edge that has Open discount, so more inconsistency of info here from o2 ?

Currently using:
Message 14 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I know someone with a 128gb S6 Edge that has Open discount, so more inconsistency of info here from o2 ?

Just about to post the same...and didn't another O2 employee post that it was available... sometime in the last week...? ...That may have been something else...but as I have said before it only adds to the confusion...Smiley Frustrated

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Somebody wasn't paying attention....:(

Message 16 of 18

MI5
  • 144304 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Specific info like that changes all the time, so best not to be specific about phones and suggest that a call to CS is made at the time to check.

Currently using:
Message 17 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just added this link https://o2open.co.uk/O2Open/servlets/ShowFAQ to the mini guide, so that you can get an up to date list of exclusions slight_smile

Message 18 of 18