cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 email

Anonymous
Not applicable

On 26th May I received an email saying that the o2 email service was being discontinued on 20th June, when I followed the link to see how to move contacts etc I was shocked to see that the implementation date of this removal of service was 7th June!  After spend some 2 hours using "live chat" (which was of no use at all) and phone conversation with customer services I was told that the date was 7th.

Imagine my surprise therefore to this evening receive another email reminding me that the service would not be available after the 20th.

Does anyone know exactly what is happening?

Message 1 of 55
54 REPLIES 54

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I doubt it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 51 of 55

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

Sorry to hear that there are still some who have been unaware the closing of webmail. We have tried to be very thorough in our communications about the closure (emails, here on the community and via The Blue). Please look at finding a new email provider asap and to also let your contacts know that you are using a new address. If webmail accounts are now closed, we unfortunately cannot now access them for you.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 52 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable

...the plot thickens, after no O2 e-mails for a month or so, I suddenly started receiving some junk e-mails via the O2 client over the last few days!.  After a top level O2 internal examination It appears that the O2 office cleaner accidently switched the server on again thinking it was her Hoover plug! @-@

They should quadruble her salary and put her on the O2 data support team; she appears to be the only one there that knows what she is doing! LOL

Message 53 of 55

DarnandBlast
  • 19 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Looks like the floor must be needing hoovering again. Confused

D&B
Message 54 of 55

jonsie
  • 92911 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions