cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 email

Anonymous
Not applicable

On 26th May I received an email saying that the o2 email service was being discontinued on 20th June, when I followed the link to see how to move contacts etc I was shocked to see that the implementation date of this removal of service was 7th June!  After spend some 2 hours using "live chat" (which was of no use at all) and phone conversation with customer services I was told that the date was 7th.

Imagine my surprise therefore to this evening receive another email reminding me that the service would not be available after the 20th.

Does anyone know exactly what is happening?

Message 1 of 55
54 REPLIES 54

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

It certainly sounds as though yours has been closed. To be fair o2 did give ample warning.

Message 31 of 55

Cleoriff
  • 122762 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

It certainly sounds as though yours has been closed. To be fair o2 did give ample warning.

From 2013 initially?.....and certainly bumped up the warning info numerous times this year....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 32 of 55

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

But if you were not registered on the Community and O2 failed to send out a communication to you then you wouldn't have a clue would you.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 33 of 55

Cleoriff
  • 122762 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

The information is and was out there without being a community member.

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Email/O2-are-soon-to-be-closing-their-email-service/td-p/2434575

http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=71554

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2141113

Thanks for the links @jonsie. I know the planned closure received a great deal of press coverage at the time

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 35 of 55

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@jonsie  I know that, Cleoriff knows that and you know that but remember there are many people who don't frequent forums.

And with O2's communication track record, it wouldn't surprise me in the least that many customers failed to receive any notification whatsoever.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 36 of 55

jonsie
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@jonsie  I know that, Cleoriff knows that and you know that but remember there are many people who don't frequent forums.

And with O2's communication track record, it wouldn't surprise me in the least that many customers failed to receive any notification whatsoever.

No doubt but the move to Sky, for some, was the only way customers could continue using o2 webmail so I'm not buying the fact that customers had their heads buried in the sand. My webmail was stopped around 3 years ago. People were informed then that they had to migrate so I'm fairly sure that though they may not have been informed this time, it's improbable that they were missed twice.

Message 37 of 55

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous, Sorry to hear that you feel that there was no info on this from us. Feel free to PM me and we can have a chat.

There are a few comments in this thread on how many warnings were provided about closing webmail. There may have been an issue with an individual getting communication about it for any number of reasons and we do not know each individual's personal experience, so please refrain from mentioning how many warnings were provided before now. Please flag any one commenting on this topic to me so I can have a chat with anyone affected. Cheers!

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 38 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had no communication about this and do not frequent these forums.

I know appear to have lost email being sent to me (although I can send from one o2 account to another from my iphone)

Thanks OK yet again for telling everyone - I'm tech savvy but this just hit me out of the blue !

Message 39 of 55

jonsie
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I have had no communication about this and do not frequent these forums.

I know appear to have lost email being sent to me (although I can send from one o2 account to another from my iphone)

Thanks OK yet again for telling everyone - I'm tech savvy but this just hit me out of the blue !

Unfortunate then I hope customer service can help.

Message 40 of 55