cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 email

Anonymous
Not applicable

On 26th May I received an email saying that the o2 email service was being discontinued on 20th June, when I followed the link to see how to move contacts etc I was shocked to see that the implementation date of this removal of service was 7th June!  After spend some 2 hours using "live chat" (which was of no use at all) and phone conversation with customer services I was told that the date was 7th.

Imagine my surprise therefore to this evening receive another email reminding me that the service would not be available after the 20th.

Does anyone know exactly what is happening?

Message 1 of 55
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

The facts are O2 Webmail has been closing down services slowly since Sept 2013. Unless you migrated to Sky people would have lost service slowly. Everyone involved with that closure received emails. Then, as shown in the link provided by @Beenherebefore notice was given in March of this year of the final closure on June 7th.

We were assured that emails were sent out to all users.  You need to transfer email contacts now or you will lose service. Some people already have....I would not risk waiting till the 20th. You may be too late.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 55
54 REPLIES 54

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
You're leaving it very late.......act now !!....delay it no longer, assume it's the 7th.
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 2 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey

Just found this page:

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/digital-services/o2-email-closure-transferring-your-contacts

"On 7 June 2016, we’ll be closing o2.co.uk accounts"

Message 3 of 55

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
Message 4 of 55

blissgirl
  • 6975 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
just got the same e-mail as the op how weird
iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink (with Vodafone) slight_smile
Message 5 of 55

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

The facts are O2 Webmail has been closing down services slowly since Sept 2013. Unless you migrated to Sky people would have lost service slowly. Everyone involved with that closure received emails. Then, as shown in the link provided by @Beenherebefore notice was given in March of this year of the final closure on June 7th.

We were assured that emails were sent out to all users.  You need to transfer email contacts now or you will lose service. Some people already have....I would not risk waiting till the 20th. You may be too late.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 55

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Interesting to see that @aldaweb had a similar email re closing down on the 20th ..as shown here. http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Phishing-or-legit-O2-text-message/m-p/974699/hig...

He felt it was a scam...??

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 55

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

After nearly three years of notifications that O2 webmail would be shutting down, I'm sorry to say that I don't have much sympathy for anyone who has waited this long, and hasn't set up an alternative by now. Call me harsh, if you will, but that's the way I see it.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 55

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Bambino harsh ?????.....Nah....direct and straight to the point may be LOL

But we predicted this last minute panic didn't we ?

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 9 of 55

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

We did and no doubt after the 7th when people lose access there will be many complaints from people saying they were unaware or never received the email. Far better to use an established email client rather than an unreliable mobile network based service who change providers themselves.

Message 10 of 55