Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 email

hearts123
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi since tonight I have been unable to send or receive emails.  I think my account has been hacked as it keeps saying my password is incorrect.  How can I access it to change my password?  Who do I contact, I have been trying to find a number for hours.  

I realise o2 no longer own the BB and it is Sky now but I have had no luck with them either.

Can soneone please help and tell me what I can do.

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and Welcome to the Forum.

O2 e mail facilities only stayed live for a short while ,so that users could create another e mail address such as an hotmail etc.

Your e mail account will have been de activated and unfortunately their is no way of accessing it now.

Any saved e mail folders will be lost.

You will need to create one through Hotmail for example.

I don't believe O2 will be able to re activate this for you now.

Message 2 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Some accounts are still open and there is a help section on the sky website for migrated ex O2 users.
My suggestion would be to try that first.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Have you been able to send emails from your O2 address up until now? You should have received an email a very long time ago that the O2 servers were shutting down.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 8

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Are you trying to access via webmail or POP, as the POP servers seemed to have stayed active after webmail access ceased. Note that secondary accounts were scheduled for closure before the primary ones.

If you do have POP access then use a client to download any email you want to keep or set gmail or outlook.com to pick it up and archive it that way.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 5 of 8

hearts123
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi thanks for the replies.  Yes it's a POP3 account but I can no longer access it.  Is there a link anyone can supply to the Sky Thread so I may ask there.

Thanks for the help.

Message 6 of 8

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Do you have Sky broadband ?........Were you transferred from O2 broadband to Sky ?

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Try here http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Unlimited-Lite-Connect-broadband/O2-Email-Access/m-p/1941788#M23654
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 8