cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 email stopped working

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone can help please.  I have a o2 email account that can send, but has stopped receiving emails.  I have tried the usual send an email to it from a seperate account but to no avail.  It has been like it for a couple of days now.

Any advice/help gratefully received.

Many thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous The ability for you to still be able to use any of O2 webmail is probably more by luck than design. Move your contacts to another email client and send your contacts a group email to notify them. O2 mail will shut down. Make no mistake about that. If you carry on trying to use O2 you will eventually find none of it working. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 11 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I have several O2 email addresses and continued to use them after the move to sky. I download them; don't use webmail.

I didn't get any notification about losing them but found out anyway. All the accounts continued to work after the deadline. Now, two of them aren't receiving, which is a bit random.

@Tobyare they definitely all stopping? Why can I still send?

Thanks!

@I'm sure @Toby will check this for you @Anonymous and get back to you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Toby because the one above didn't work 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 14

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

Webmail accounts are closing down yes. Not all account closures happen at one time however, so yours may still be active for a short time. Please use this time to create an alternative email account(s) so that you don't lose any! 

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 14 of 14