cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 email account problem

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

im having some trouble with my o2 email account. i know its been closed to an extent and can still receive emails through gmail and hotmail but this is where my problem lies. for the first 2-3 weeks i was still receiving my emails through gmail, but had noticed recently i hadnt had any for a while. so i logged into my gmail account through my laptop and discovered this error message when it flagged the problem

Authentication error.
Server returned error "[SYS/TEMP] message store is temporarily unavailable"

is anyone else having this problem??

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
That's is correct. The email system no longer exists so nothing is been received, therefore, nothing to forward.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

It isn't just temporarily unavailable. If you're not able to receive mail any more then your account is closed. Only O2 broadband customers will be able to access their mail, but that also ends in April, I believe.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
That's is correct. The email system no longer exists so nothing is been received, therefore, nothing to forward.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 15

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Unless you are or were an O2 Broadband customer it's gone.

As you knew it was closing that should have urged you to make other arrangements before losing it altogether.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can't believe people are still not fully aware of this
Message 5 of 15

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I can't believe people are still not fully aware of this

I'm still not sure how people were notified and who, I moved to Sky Broadband a few weeks ago and mine is still working but I've heard nothing from O2.

Fortunately now it's only collecting unimportant stuff, but I used to rely on it quite heavily.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was swamped with emails and texts when they said they were closing I never really used it anyway so it doesn't really bother me
Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was fully aware of it. 

I just didnt realise it was going to be taken down altogether. As the video tutorials show how to set up gmail and hotmail and yahoo to recieve mail and save contacts. 

Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
You sorted now?
Message 9 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well ive checked the settings but if its gone then its gone. 

I had set it up through my gmail account. And had only recently realised that I hadnt received any mail from the o2 list. Thats when I checked the settings and found the error message. 

If youre saying its gone damien, then not much can be done. But thanks for replying to the post anyways. 

Message 10 of 15