cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2.co.uk email is still active and has been hacked. o2 can't shut it down.

Anonymous
Not applicable

having problems with an old o2.co.uk email address I had from the o2 broadband days.  It has been hacked somehow I am gettting 20+ mail failed delivery emails coming in a day.  Can't shut it down myself as o2 have removed webmail access from the website.

Have spoken to customer service and they say they don't know!  Have spoken to 2 "gurus" and they say yes it will be shut down within 24 hours but it's still working!!

Help!

who owns the o2.mail.co.uk server is it o2 or sky?

Had an email from o2 a month a go saying the email accounts would close in June.

Has anyone else had this?

Thanks

Paul 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Possibly..... good point, but it should be easy to separate the .com's from the .co.uk's
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions
Message 12 of 13

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes, I know that. It doesn't stop the hackers from sending emails out in my name. That's the main reason for wanting it shut down.

Almost certainly your email address is being spoofed on a server totally unconnected to O2's webmail servers.

Shutting it down won't stop hackers using your email address.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 13 of 13