cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 Wifi Extra

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 have today launched wifi extra - whereby o2 users will connect to wifi if in range of over 11000 hotspots automatically without the need to log on via an app thus conserving data

http://m.digitalspy.co.uk/tech/news/a639577/o2s-wifi-extra-automatically-connects-customers-across-t...
Message 1 of 88
87 REPLIES 87

Anonymous
Not applicable

nice to see something good slight_smile 

shame they are all out of range for me 😞

but not to put a downer on a new thing  it sounds good thanks for the info @Anonymous 

Message 2 of 88

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

That will work out ok for me then....there are around 4-5 wifi hotspots in a 5 mile radius of me.

11000 ?

Message 3 of 88

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep 11000. They have linked up with MaccyD's and Costa to name but two in the launch. Seems like o2 are pushing their wifi offering (perhaps cos the data network is crap???)
Message 4 of 88

Anonymous
Not applicable

lol @Anonymous  you hit the nail on the head there tongue

but in costa and mcdonalds here its been o2 wifi for ages :S

Message 5 of 88

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds good. Just out of interest if you are registered with the cloud wifi download the fastconnect app (I have used the android version), register your device (you don't have to be connected to the cloud at the time). You can then remove the app if you want - and then whenever you are in range of a 'the cloud' wifi connection you connect automatically.

Message 6 of 88

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
The O2 wifi app claims to do that already so nothing new unless they plan on fixing the app.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 88

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you a moderator @Anonymous slight_smile
Message 8 of 88

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
The O2 wifi app claims to do that already so nothing new unless they plan on fixing the app.

Not one of their better apps that's for sure.

Message 9 of 88

Anonymous
Not applicable
Used it once then deleted it
Message 10 of 88