cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 To Extend Number of Franchise Stores

Anonymous
Not applicable

So o2 intend to increase the number of franchised stores and are talking to existing franchise holders along with potential new ones.

Will this result in a reduction of o2 owned stores?

Will this result in a reduction in quality?

http://www.telecompaper.com/news/o2-uk-plans-to-extend-franchise-store-network-report--1049548
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Nick

Thank you for sharing this.

I'm not sure how to tell if my local O2 stores are franchised ?

If they are I've only had bad service from one.

Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi BoB

I have seen posts on here from other customers talking about poor customer service sometimes from franchise shops and other times not sure.

Just thought I would put it out there. ..
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
No it's a good thread.

Are shops listed somewhere as franchised I wonder ?

Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
A Google search on their addresses don't indicate as such if they are a franchise and I'd feel cheeky asking the question.

I submit it shouldn't matter wether they are direct or franchise ,which I wonder if it's the reason it doesn't seem to be highlighted anywhere.

Anyway I'm sorry for going on about it. I just wondered on how to check.
Message 6 of 10

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

It's a basic analogy, if people are improperly trained or experienced/skilled in the expected areas in any field of industry then there's a high chance of poor performance or/and therefore the expected standards may go down.

Cutting corners only saves money not improve service.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 7 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122811 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

With any franchise they can (and often do) deviate from standard practice inbuilt into the original company policy.....

All I would ask is that employees are given a higher level of training and development than they get currently.

Slim chance of that happening.

I have found in the NHS when we contract or franchise out services...the standard is often lower than what the hospital requires...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

From what I've read on here, franchised stores seem to lack basic customer service, answer to an area manager and whilst in general they are supposed to follow the terms and conditions set out by O2, they apparently work some of their own into these.

So many corporations now franchise out, you only have to look at McDonalds, KFC, Allens and many of the big hotel chains. Service, attitude, and cleanliness will invariably change from store to store.,

Message 9 of 10

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122811 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Exactly my point @jonsie ...resulting in a degeneration of company policy. They get hidden under the franchise sections own new 'rules and regulations'. A lack of any type of monitoring of standards end in poor practice

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 10