Did you mean: 

o2 Slams Govt Plans For Rural NotSpots

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

A connected recent thread on this http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-topic/Government-crackdown-on-mobile-notspots/m-p/811747/highlight/...

I certainly feel for people with these issues.   😔

Message 2 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes in my home area Vodafone offer 2g, o2 a poorer version whereby data is totally unusable.

Three and ee although their status checker states service is available you have to go outside and walk half way up the hill then hope you can connect.
Message 3 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nightmare.

Sometimes I forget how lucky I am to attain my connection speeds but then I don't have the gorgeous landscape views.
Message 4 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Once you leave the City BoB your views in Yorkshire will be as lovely as many other places.

The South West has many lovely places yes, but we also require the same services city dwellers get. Indeed at the moment we are expected to pay the same as you but 4g is but a myth to us. 3g is almost unheard of either. If you looked at o2 coverage for this area you would see what I mean
Message 5 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hopefully things will improve  when you move Nick...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

Hopefully things will improve  when you move Nick...:smileywink:

Maybe everyone should move to better signal areas. 

Issue then resolved.   😀

Message 8 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

As mine is fine and hopefully Nicks will improve.... thats all I could wish for......

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 18

MarkTadley
  • 125 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I totally agree with you here @Anonymous 

I'm lucky, as most of you know from earlier posts, to get a 2G signal most of the time. Normally it is 'no signal' and I rely on TuGo which isn't perfect and very random at times.

Out of all the big 4 networks though, O2 had the better coverage, generally, so I stayed with O2. Better the devil you know I say.

If I actually see 3G on my phone one day in my rural area i'll be stunned Surprised

Tu Go = v2.5.0.431 permanently Turned OFF
128gb iPhone 6+ Slate Grey on O2 Network
No signal or 1bar 2G reception in rural location with O2
Message 10 of 18