Did you mean: 

o2 Slams Govt Plans For Rural NotSpots

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
In a rural community may I please ask. ....
What IS 3G???
Message 11 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's a shame O2 won't allow perhaps BoostBoxes in special circumstances to Consumer Contracts or even WiFi Calling support.

If that would help @Anonymous - Nick ?
Message 12 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
To be honest BoB there are several things that o2 either could or need to do to make the world better:

1. If TuGo was reliable and worked correctly that would save call and text issues at the home / wifi areas.

2. The South West and many rural areas have dreadful coverage, either 2g or no g. As I said yesterday if you did a search on the o2 coverage checker across this enlarged area you would see how poor o2 coverage is.

3. Make the 2g fit for purpose. In this area 2g will not provide for any Web browsing at all. In other areas across the country it will all be it slowly.

4. Where 3g is available, a lack of capacity means we can't use it. The fibre network needs further investment and upgrade.

For example in my home area the service is a poor version of 2g. Coverage checker says good indoors and outdoors. Intermittent indoors is reality. However the fibre network in this village is superb with 75mb bt fibre available. So why is the data connection so poor.

If o2 sorted those things out we might be close to a good network.

For me once I move I plan to change network, probably to EE if they can give me a good deal on quad play services and a good mobile signal that works.
Message 13 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Nick

It is sad that customers in the situation you state may be leaving O2. 😌

As said in a few threads it does make sense to move to the Network that supplies adequate coverage.

As you know where I reside I'm not affected by this issue and thus cannot even start to know the frustration this must cause for people affected.

Message 14 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
In my humblest of opinions I really think o2 have probably 2 more quarters of growth then the resurgent Vodafone will start to take over.
Spending £2.5m every day
Commencing HD telephony calls
Doubling data speeds to up to 150mbs
Rural Open Sure Signal rollout
4g rollout (same as o2)
Vodafone own their own fibre network so not reliant on others.

I seriously think the writing is on the wall and IF the regulators were to allow a drop from 4 to 3 operators (which Europe is beginning to be more favourable) OR if BT successfully launch their own network then a Three takeover of o2 uk is a distinct possibility.
Message 15 of 18

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

For me, I can't understand why so many people on here are still extolling the virtues of O2.

Advising people who plan to leave, to try a PAYG SIM of their new provider when the current O2 signal is non-existent, is to me ridiculous.....no signal from O2 can at least be equalled or bettered by any other provider.

I'm just glad I've never had to endure the O2 network other than their broadband which was one of the best.

Since selling off the broadband product to Sky, the O2 mobile network product appears to have taken a suicidal dive into obscurity as regards a usable product. 

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 16 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I suggest the Payg scenario as signal does differ between Networks in the same area, and so its best practice in my opinion to do this trying out of any new Network, before committing to what can be an expensive Mobile Phone contract.

Out of the frying pan and into the fire or the Grass is not always greener on the other side , is a saying that's seems applicable. 😄
Message 17 of 18

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

People stay with the same supplier, whether it's gas, electricity, bank, landline telephone etc because of lethargy....they just can't be bothered to change.

There is always a better provider around the corner.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 18 of 18