cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 Outsourcing More UK Jobs to India.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Capita, who provide call centre staff for o2, are to make up to 100 uk staff redundant and outsource back office functions to India to cut costs.

More info on this link

http://www.mobilenewscwp.co.uk/2014/12/17/more-than-100-jobs-to-be-outsourced-from-o2s-call-centres/
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Excerpt from the Link "More than 100 employees at O2 call centres are facing redundancy or redeployment"

I sincerely hope for the people affected it's 'redeployment.'

Thank you for sharing the link Nick.
Message 2 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Problem is with this....cheaper rarely equates to better service.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 12

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

I recollect the much-used phrase in my industry was :

And there will always be somebody who will do it for less

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 4 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

The more people like me who refuse to speak to a customer services rep i cant understand and to be transferred, call centres will keep moving abroad and UK jobs will disappear.

I don't want someone I physically cant understand what they are saying, trying to help resolve an issue.

Message 6 of 12

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi everyone,

I've moved this thread to the 'Discussions and Feedback' section as it is not a post asking for help or advice.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is a general problem nowerdays as a customer with poor hearing it is very important for the customer service to speak the Queens English if i have any problems with not understanding them i will just ask for the cancellation department and leave
We also need to look after jobs in the UK its what keeps our economy going
Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not happy with this

people from India speak English very quickly for a start

there are times I have to ask myself are they actually speaking English to me (I probably should not have said that)

when I listen to people from India speaking English on BBCR4, which I listen to a lot in an evening, particularly current affairs/business/politics ..... well it's the same as the outsourcing call centres to India/Asia ..... I just cannot COMPREHEND what they are saying to me ..... = ..... particularly if it's a technical question I need help with & I am not techie knowledgeable, just a genuine caller, who has no-one living nearby me who could help ..... so ..... a call centre is the only answer 

to date I have had excellent service from ringing UK based call centres ..... I remember ringing an India based call centre to get a 2nd clothing catalogue I use, for my mum ..... all I got was aggro from, I have to say a quite posh sounding Indian woman ..... but when I refused to give my mum's address (I just don't want her bothered) ..... regretably I have to say she got shirty with me ..... like I was deliberately having a go at her ..... I hung up

Message 9 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 10 of 12