cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

leave voice message without ringing?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible to leave a voicemail for somebody WITHOUT their phone ringing first?  I know this was achievable a number of years ago but I'm not sure if this can still be done?

Thank you for any help.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144156 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
T Mobile / Orange used to offer that but I've never seen it an option on O2's voicemail system?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 144156 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
T Mobile / Orange used to offer that but I've never seen it an option on O2's voicemail system?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the info. I checked the voicemail options but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing another method..

Thanks.
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Agree with @MI5 it's not something that O2 support.

The only option is via a messaging app such as Whatapp et al
Message 4 of 9

jonsie
  • 93176 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Definitely not available on O2 unless the receiving phone is switched off.

Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you guys think this is an interesting option? I've never seen it ..so just wondering if they deleted the option because there wasn't many people interested in it...

Message 6 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122807 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

I can see it may be useful under certain circumstances....if you are calling at some ungodly hour and you don't want to wake up the recipient...

Personally for me I wouldn't want it. If someone rings me I want to hear the call...With my famly I prefer to 'know' sooner ....rather than later LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 144156 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
I could never see the point of it myself but I'm sure some may have good reason to want the feature......?

Currently using:
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok! Thanks for your feedback slight_smile
Message 9 of 9