cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I am going to get a samsung S5 but need to upload my information from my current phone to my 02 account.  Can anybody help with this as i do not know what to do.  please explain in detail as i am not too pc literate .

many thanks

jackie

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Android army, can you help wink

@viridis , @MI5 @Cleoriff @Bambino ...?

Message 2 of 16

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Hi @Jackie2 

Welcome to the forum. One of the best people to advise on this is @MI5 who is an expert with Samsung phones. He wont be on till later though and not sure if anyone else is available to help? Maybe @viridis is available/:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Android army, can you help wink

@viridis , @MI5 @Cleoriff @Bambino ...?

Not me at all.Shocked

@MI5  is offline and will be till later on. Hence me calling for @viridis  LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 16

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23060 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi

I am going to get a samsung S5 but need to upload my information from my current phone to my 02 account.  Can anybody help with this as i do not know what to do.  please explain in detail as i am not too pc literate .

many thanks

jackie

What do you mean  by 'information from my current phone to my O2 account'? Do you mean the contacts that are on your current phone, or files, or photos, or all of the aforementioned? What phone do you have now? Do you have a Gmail account?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 16

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Which phone do you have now Jackie, if it's an Android it should be backed up to your Google account where it can be transferred to the new phone, it's nothing to do with O2?

Your phone number is the only thing O2 are concerned about and you move that by moving the SIM card from the old phone to the new one.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not a Samsung expert but isn't Kies capable of transferring information from one device to another?
Message 7 of 16

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
What information do you need to upload?
If it's an upgrade it's simply a case of popping in the sim and signing into your Google account (assuming you have one) and then signing into or joining Samsung account.
However, if it's pictures and other items you want to get off the old phone, you can connect it to your pc and open the phone in Explorer and copy files to your computer.
If it's anything else, let us know and we can advise further.
Message 8 of 16

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
There is another way too.
The S5 now has lollipop and if you boot it up without entering sim, update to lollipop and immediately perform a factory reset, part of the setup is one touch setup where you can touch your old phone (must have NFC) to the back of your new phone and all settings and accounts will copy over.
Message 9 of 16

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Bit too pc literate there innit.
Message 10 of 16