cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customer Service!?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay so I was on live chat last night ... And I was talking to someone called "Aman" everything was going hunky Dorey until I asked why I was getting ripped off with 1gb data ... All I want is an extra 1gb like all my friends have ... So this advisor told me to hang on for a few minutes.. (This where I think I've finally got somewhere) not realizing that its 22:57 and they shut at 23:00 ... Well it came to 23:00 and the chat closed.. He could have just told me No your not getting extra were going to continue ripping you off ... Is there anyone I get in contact with to tell them about this person?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes speak to cs on 202 contract or 4445 payg
Message 2 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22907 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3658 Solutions
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
To add here is a complaint form link http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain
Message 4 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143190 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27460 Solutions
Hi Danny...
It's best not to leave it so late as the systems shut down automatically.
I'm sure Aman would not have cut you off deliberately and in all honesty, you would be better off calling 202 to discuss your concerns with a UK advisor.
Give them a call and let us know how you get on please.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would echo the customer service is the rubbish.

i have tried multiple times to talk about leaving O2 for one of my contracts and all the web chat people do is cut me off, leaving me with the message "Hold that thought, you're not connected".

Frankly I am now going to cancel all my phone contracts with O2 in my family and just cancel by direct debit.  Maybe then O2 will want to talk to me

Message 6 of 10

jonsie
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

Bad move. They will simply sell the debt on and you suffer the consequences for 6 years.

Just call 202 and forget the chat option. They will be busy as it's iphone launch but it's much your better option.

Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I will be better off speaking to customer services. They can see who you spoke to and feed it back to their manager and they can also see if theres a better tariff for you that will give the extra data.Hope this helps.

Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous

Just to clarify and expand on Jonsie's correct comments.

If you cancel your direct debits and leave balances outstanding o2 will update your credit report worth the credit reference agencies. Even if you subsequently pay the debt (which may include early termination charges) the defaults will remain and o2 will not remove them (you can argue this point as much as you like but i have spent months now assisting others on here who in one case was turned down for a mortgage over a £12 o2 default - a look on earlier posts today will show you what happens).

In the future if you tried to apply for phone contracts with any network or any other kind of credit you would likely find yourself refused.

You would be advised to contact CS on 202 and avoid live chat and explain your concerns and see what o2 can do for you.

Ultimately it is your call but you need to recognise that if you do just cancel your direct debits o2 will not phone you for a chat, they will just update your credit report and once it has happened there will only be one loser and i promise you it won't be o2. You will end up with a lot of stress and angst trying to sort it all out.

Good luck. Please let us know how you get on.
Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 143190 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27460 Solutions
I suggest you follow the excellent advice already given or else you will end up in a world of pain and stress 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 10