cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

contract upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable

helo,

i have upgraded about 1month ago to simpliciu buy my phone is playing up .... can i change my mind and choose diffrent tarif with handset?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
I think it might be 3 months on Simplicity but call CS on 202 to check.
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Another option would be to sort out the handset under warranty if it's playing up and sell it to buy another.

What's exactly happening with it.

O2 on 202 will advise on other tariff options open to you or look in your myo2

Message 3 of 16

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

If you chose the 30 day simplicity it won't be a problem but I'm sure it's 3 months into a 12 month simplicity contract.

Message 4 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry if this is in the wrong area,but you guys (and girls) have been great with previous help,so wanted to pick your brains. I have got an iPhone 6,on a new contract with a new network....sorry O2, and my old iPhone 5. I've written down all contacts,transferred all my pics to my iPad.is it a case of plugging my iPhone 5 into my laptop,putting all my music on,the wiping my iPhone 5 then put everything back on new iphone 6? I realise this might be a daft question,but I've always just upgraded and used the set up as new phone option on any new handset.thanks in advance
Message 5 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Make a back up via iTunes and or iCloud.

Then when you set up your iPhone 6 it will ask wether you want to set up as a new device or use a back up.

Use the back up and all your settings and data will be uploaded to the new iPhone.

Help links

https://www.apple.com/uk/support/icloud/backup/

Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Theres no such thing as a daft question if you dont know the answer!

As your using Apple products already, just do a backup from your iPhone 5 to iTunes or iCloud then restore the information on your iPhone 6

Message 7 of 16

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

If you haven't already done so get your old iphone unlocked whilst it's still associated with your old o2 number.

Message 8 of 16

MI5
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Good idea jonsie.
Unlocking help here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-ca...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes,been unlocked - only freebie I've had from O2! Fear there's something wrong with my laptop though,I'm plugging iPhone 5 in and it's not coming up in the device window
Message 10 of 16