Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yearly upgrade programme

Jonnyr69
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi can anyone explain the benefit of the Yearly Upgrade Programme? Headline seems to be I can upgrade by trading in my old handset - does that mean I don't have to pay off the balance on my O2 Refresh? Fine if that's the case, but if I do have to pay it off, then it's not really a deal, as if I've paid it of, then the old handset should be my property...
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Full T&c here http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/yearly-upgrade-terms-and-conditions

It is not just apple phones but others o2 add to the list each year on release

For clarity no reduction is made for condition I quote "Existing Phones must meet the minimum condition requirements set out in the Your Device section of the terms and conditions at O2recycle.co.uk without any reduction for damage i.e. the 100% criteria to be eligible for trade in." i.e the t&C here but with no reduction to the Balance payment required to clear device plan https://www.o2recycle.co.uk/terms.aspx

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
You trade in, O2 will give you the balance of your device plan as payment to device plan allowing you to upgrade there and then.
Message 2 of 6

gmarkj
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
If you mean for certain fruit based handsets, then the idea is if your phone is of the standard they set then you will not pay a balance - the device itself will clear that.
If the phone is not to standard then there are steps down that may mean part of the balance may need to be covered - i.e. a pristine handset may cover 100% of the balance. A slightly marked handset might cover 80%. Etc, etc.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 6

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Full T&c here http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/yearly-upgrade-terms-and-conditions

It is not just apple phones but others o2 add to the list each year on release

For clarity no reduction is made for condition I quote "Existing Phones must meet the minimum condition requirements set out in the Your Device section of the terms and conditions at O2recycle.co.uk without any reduction for damage i.e. the 100% criteria to be eligible for trade in." i.e the t&C here but with no reduction to the Balance payment required to clear device plan https://www.o2recycle.co.uk/terms.aspx

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You can still choose to pay off handset yourself and keep it or sell it on elsewhere for more than your current settlement value if you wish.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

gmarkj
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Thank you for the clarification (correction)!!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 6