cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xperia SP

Anonymous
Not applicable
When will O2 be releasing the 4.3 update for the xperia sp? Sony released it over 2 weeks ago now and still nothing! Anyone got any idea??
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its 31 of March and we are still the only ones without the 4.3 update can 02 give us an explanation why the update is still on hold,officialy sony released the update 2 months ago ..?

Message 11 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Its 31 of March and we are still the only ones without the 4.3 update can 02 give us an explanation why the update is still on hold,officialy sony released the update 2 months ago ..?

Hi,

O2 are getting better at this but to those that are still waiting I can understand the frustration Crazy

All I know is that they get the software and look into it themselves to ensure its compatible with thier systems and that it does not include anything they dont want releasing.

Seems its always best to go sim free as then the update can be available quicker without hindrance.

I'd suggest keep checking here and sign up here https://www.o2.co.uk/getupdates

Message 12 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sony have released a bug fixing patch for 4.3 now for SP recently, will we be getting that now... even though we never got the last update? seriously what is the dealio i dont think im ever gonna buy an O2 phone again at this rate?

Message 13 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think o2 is doing it on purpose - force us to flash a custom rom out of desperation - warranty void and one less customer to support.

I check my phone for updates every day, then go on this forum, no news, then go on xda, see all these new updates and I'm growing weaker and weaker by day.. not long left til I succumb to temptation 😞

Message 14 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
You think O2 are forcing you to invalidate your phones warranty !
Message 15 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
One of the key things here is that o2 won't release an update until it is fully tested to ensure a great customer experience. Imagine how customers would feel if o2 released an update and all the handsets crashed? Customers would be complaining in their droves.

It should also be noted that in many cases (although not in this case) updates make little difference to the vast majority. Look at the Samsung Galaxy S3 4.3 debacle as an example.

Sometimes it is just better to wait. ..
Message 16 of 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I'm deliberately leaving my SP on 4.1.2 as the 4.3 ROM is complete rubbish.....
In his instance I wouldn't blame O2 if they never released 4.3 for the SP wink
(and yes, I have tried it for myself and gone back to the original one the phone shipped with).
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine has update this morning

Message 18 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey there

I only got my SP yesterday, and it was disappointing to see it was still on 4.1.2

When i install the companion app it says there is an update and tries to push it (but fails).

Is anyone else getting the 4.3 OTA update? when i check for updates on the phone it depressingly tells me its already running latest 😞

Ta

Update, the companion app failed to install correctly, but found out how to do it properly.. Spoke with O2 first and they said would be fine to update.. so i have, and its gone really well, MUCH more responsive on the OS and the like.. 

Message 19 of 22

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Hopefully you are all sorted now. My friend bought an ipad last week and had to update to iOS7 but that seems to be the way of things now taking into consideration manufacturing date, shipping times and stock release time.

Message 20 of 22