Did you mean: 

Why is the 3G coverage so bad with O2.

IanHarrison
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I work at least 2 days a week in the east side of Norwich and can never get a 3G signal.  I think once a few weeks ago I got one bar.  I checked the O2 checker and it says that Norwich is fine, I even phoned O2 and they said no 3G problems.  I was asked to change the setting the automaticaly detec carrier to manually selecting O2.  It has made no difference what so ever.

I have friends on Orange, Vodafone and Three who have no problem what so ever with a 3G signal. 

Also noticed driving around the country I have huge areas with no 3G signal.  

Is it just that O2 have crap 3G coverage?

Thanks

Ian

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have to agree with those who say the 3G with O2 is bad, I have travelled the uk recently and always seem to be the guy with no signal while those on other networks can talk and surf, only six months to go and I'm free to look for a different provider, can't wait!
Message 11 of 28

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

It's certainly a national problem and as yet nothing official from O2 about the state of their network.

Message 12 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree, fed up with settings, SIM card changes and disappointment,
Message 13 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
As long as you check out alternative networks with payg sims where you work, live and commute then it makes sense to migrate.

Make sure you unlock tour phone to all networks free if applicable.

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form
Message 14 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same in Altrincham in Manchester and sometimes I can't even call out or use my internet. Go to the O2 checker and it says it is all okay. Ridiculous how bad it is and they insist there's great coverage.

Message 15 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Appreciate your frustration 😞
Message 16 of 28

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

I hope all the problems are being fed back to O2. Twitter is swamped with customers having the same issues.

Message 17 of 28

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I hope all the problems are being fed back to O2. Twitter is swamped with customers having the same issues.

I am feeding all back from the community @jonsie . By all means let me know if you see a thread/post that you think needs reporting too.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 18 of 28

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27661 Solutions

@Toby wrote:

I am feeding all back from the community @jonsie .

That's good to hear Toby, but are we to expect any kind of follow up info or comment from O2 regarding the issues....?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 28

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions