cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHY IS THE PRICE OF MY CONTRACT INCREASING?

Anonymous
Not applicable

NO OTHER ACCOUNTS OF MINE OR OTHERS ARE INCREASING IN PRICE SUCH AS INSURANCE AND UTILITY CHARGES, SO WHY DOES O2 FEEL THE NEED TO DO SO?

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
And we're off again!

Please check the many threads about this.

Can someone who's not mobile please link my thread in discussions on how to take on o2 about this please

Thanks

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
And we're off again!

Please check the many threads about this.

Can someone who's not mobile please link my thread in discussions on how to take on o2 about this please

Thanks
Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Because you didn't search the forum for similar topics about this issue and this makes O2 and puppies cry.

But seriously, its in the Terms and Conditions of your contract that O2 can increase prices so long as they notify you in advance.

Utility bills increase all the time unless you are on a fixed price contract. I know my Gas and Electricity bills have increased gradually.

Edit to add the topic for @Anonymous . Please check out this link for advice: http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/How-to-potentially-leave-your-contract-penalty-free/td-p/617612

Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cheers PapaDug
Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi GMICK1978.

I understand your frustration and your not alone.

Please would you turn your caps lock off as per forum rules.

As said if you perform a forum search you could join in on one of those live threads with people in the sane situation as yourself.

Take care.
Message 5 of 14

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

NO OTHER ACCOUNTS OF MINE OR OTHERS ARE INCREASING IN PRICE SUCH AS INSURANCE AND UTILITY CHARGES, SO WHY DOES O2 FEEL THE NEED TO DO SO?

Really? This is from October 2013 http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24562930

What planet are you living on?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 14

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

The price of your contract is increasing because O2 feel it is better to get a few pence a month more off each of their customers despite the fact that it is annoying a significant portion of their customer base many of whom are leaving or will leave when they can do. The genius (or possibly guru....... actually come to think of it I bet it was Guru James) who came up with the idea should, and probably will, eventually be sacked I would imagine once the floodgates open fully and people leave and the full effect of these starts to show on their accounts.

Insurance is normally charged annually, most insurers let you pay monthly however most will also charge you interest for doing so so not a great analagy. With the gas and electric whilst it is true that many people (myself included) are on fixed price tariffs for these, they do put the prices up of any one who isn't on a fixed tariff. Not to mention most fixed tariffs are actually charged at a slight premium to the cheapest online tariff available at the time in order to compensate for the fix and generally the longer the fix, the higher the premium.

On the left hand side of your keyboard is a magical button that makes all your text look normal. Try pressing it. If it doesn't work you may need to buy a new keyboard

Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Earth, not planet Monopoly Conglomerate, just because one greedy company exploits it's customers don't mean it's right for others to do so. Seriously thinking of paying up contract and going elsewhere.
Message 8 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Good luck - no one likes it but they all do it - If you find one that doesn't let us know and we'll all join you there slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Hope you find a network to suit you, sometimes better the devil you know......

Message 10 of 14