cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHY IS THE PRICE OF MY CONTRACT INCREASING?

Anonymous
Not applicable

NO OTHER ACCOUNTS OF MINE OR OTHERS ARE INCREASING IN PRICE SUCH AS INSURANCE AND UTILITY CHARGES, SO WHY DOES O2 FEEL THE NEED TO DO SO?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous when you took your contract, o2 made clear that your price would change each April based on the previous February's RPI ( retail prices index). When I bought my contracts through CPW they were very clear about the annual increase.

Many customers of o2 were unhappy about it.

EE decided to follow suit.
Voda & Three decided to go the other way and commit to the price for the term of the contract. So there is choice, they haven't all done it.

But that is the contract you entered into. Please check your paperwork. You will see it there. Look at adverts in the press or on the o2 website, it is clear.
Message 11 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good luck - no one likes it but they all do it - If you find one that doesn't let us know and we'll all join you there slight_smile

Not true. Vodafone do not put prices up mid contract, nor do Tesco, and I believe 3 do not either.
Message 12 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
I take it that you are asking me! I went with Vodafone last year when O2 put up there prices then.
I do not think it is right that a company can enter into a contract then increase the prices half way through it.
If somebody falls on bad times and would like to decrease the payments, what would O2 have to say about that I wonder?
To me, a contract should be binding on both sides, never mind what the T and C say.
Message 14 of 14