cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail notifications - delay

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been experiencing long delays in receipt of VM notifications - often the notification comes through 2 or 3 days after the VM has been left. In case it's relevant, I use an iPhone 5. My wife has the same issue on her account (her phone is an iPhone 4S). We've had this problem over many months. How do I resolve it?
Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there  @Anonymous

You may need to speak to customer services about this... but to save you some time you could try the first thing you will be asked to do...

Disable all your diverts by dialling ##002# from your mobile. Dial 1760. Once you have done this then dial 1750 to your their voicemail back up and ask somebody to leave you a test message. If you get the notification straight away it means it's fine, if you don't get it then you need to ring customer services from another phone, to have that available for testing, and they will transfer you to a guru.

Hope this helps slight_smile

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Sounds like a network issue, have you reported it?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Sounds like it could be a network issue.
Check your postcode here for any faults http://status.o2.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 13

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

There seems to be a problem on iOS with voicemail, alerts and with TuGo generally. Best to check your postcode with both phones having issues.

Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there  @Anonymous

You may need to speak to customer services about this... but to save you some time you could try the first thing you will be asked to do...

Disable all your diverts by dialling ##002# from your mobile. Dial 1760. Once you have done this then dial 1750 to your their voicemail back up and ask somebody to leave you a test message. If you get the notification straight away it means it's fine, if you don't get it then you need to ring customer services from another phone, to have that available for testing, and they will transfer you to a guru.

Hope this helps slight_smile

Message 5 of 13

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

now now @jonsie... They will have access to an app that manages is mailbox and if something is setup wrong on the network they can see it, failing that they will raise a case for IT to investigate.

Message 7 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

now now @jonsie... They will have access to an app that manages is mailbox and if something is setup wrong on the network they can see it, failing that they will raise a case for IT to investigate.

Thinking Whistle I think it's the term GURU that often offends...LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 13

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable