cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vodafone Launches 3g in 100 Rural Communities

Anonymous
Not applicable
Vodafone recently announced plans to launch its Sure Signal service across a number of rural areas where currently limited or no signal is experienced. Communities were asked to engage with Vodafone to make this happen in partnership with local councils and MPs.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/mobile-phones/11215741/Vodafone-brings-3G-to-rural-signal-blac...
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm wondering if this will be enough for a person to jump network when it's time to upgrade etc ?

Thank you for the link and attached story. 

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
I should add this is Vodafone's RURAL OPEN Sure Signal programme, not to be confused with domestic sure signal boxes.
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think of people live in a rural community and there is only one strong operator whoever that may be it might well be enough.

Rural Open Sure Signal is also much cheaper to run than a mast as calls texts and data go via the broadband network and the sure signals are connected to places like village halls etc. Huge savings for operators who may otherwise choose not to invest in the area of not enough customers to make it pay.
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

It will be interesting to see if O2 or the other networks will provide a similar service.

Message 5 of 5