cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable

Really annoyed. Was offered a "free" early ugrade by O2. I said I'd like to go ahead but just wanted to check Iphone 6 plus size. Was told no problem, check and call back. Did so but then told that this was a 1 day only promo. Waste of my time!!!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Not heard of that happening before, but maybe they thought you were calling back the same day?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Strange story. It's difficult to comment but I've never heard of a one day offer....

Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Sounds mighty peculiar to me...I day promo for the iPhone 6??.

I would think if this was the case O2 would have splashed this info everywhere?....

Edit. Wasn't a promo for the iPhone 6...it was an upgrade promo...(Still unusual though?)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Unless this was a Trusted Partner of 02's who try to get a person to upgrade via Cold call.

If it was O2 their really should be notes on your account to show the offer that was made.

How far are you away from upgrading ?

Look at Speed to Refresh http://www.o2.co.uk/refresh
Message 5 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Re the length of time of promotions......When I changed from Payg to Contract, I was looking at the Samsung S3, as there was an offer on the phone and tariff.

As I couldn't make up my mind about the change to contract I asked CS if I could have time to think about it. I was told by the rep it would be no problem as the promotion was on for a month and had another week to run.

I rang back 3 days later and took the contract at the promotion price.

I know this was 2 years ago. It just makes me wonder whether the OP rang on the 'last' day of the promotion...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 6