cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable
My upgrade isn't till the 29th September. But I need my upgrade before my holiday on the 3rd September. Usually on the 1st of every month my phone goes down in price. ATM is on £52 would it be cheaper by September 1st. and would I be able to get a phone on that day and working by time I go away?
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If you do upgrade on the 1st September and you want the phone before the 3rd you would be better going instore to upgrade. That way you walk out with the new phone there and then.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You can upgrade at any time you like by paying off your early upgrade fee (It will be shown in your My O2).
No one can know what the phone cost will be by September without a crystal ball unfortunately.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
When you say your phone gets cheaper are you on a refresh tarriff where you pay for the phone and the airtime separately if you are yes you can upgrade whenever you like you just need to pay off the phone part and start a new plan even if you are on a normal tarriff if wouldn't cost much to end the contract a few weeks early
Message 3 of 5

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If you do upgrade on the 1st September and you want the phone before the 3rd you would be better going instore to upgrade. That way you walk out with the new phone there and then.

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
If your not needing to keep your current phone then perhaps use O2 Recycle to offset any handset cost / tariff pay off. Or use this form which is free to contract customers https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form ,which can increase it's street value when selling it on.

I would also advocate going into the high street store so you can walk out with the phone AND also play with the working demo model to help make sure your going to get on with it.

Enjoy the experience. slight_smile
Message 5 of 5