cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to iphone 6 nightmare

Anonymous
Not applicable
After phoning constantly and unable to get through for 1 week I placed my order online for an iphone 6 in 64gb grey. I was told there was a 3 week wait and accepted this gracefully. 3 weeks later, no sign of the phone or and despatch emails. I then recieve a call from O2 asking if I'd like to upgrade my phone, I explain I've already tried to do this but not yet received the phone, if possible could they check where it is in the system. I'm then told there is another 4-6 week wait. Nothing can be done. On Thursday last week I recieve another call from O2 asking if I'd like to upgrade my phone, again I explain and am told 4-6 week wait but however the 128gb iphone 6 in grey is currently in stock and shipping next day, I'm told I can cancel other upgrade and re-order more expensive phone and will arrive Monday at latest. I agree First upgrade is cancelled but takes 24 hours. Operator promises to call back next day which he did, and placed order for more expensive 128gb iphone 6 in grey. I'm assured still in stock and will ship as soon as I have completed the email confirmation and payment. I also agree to take out the insurance as am now about to own an £800 iphone eeeek scary, yes please I do need insurance. It's now Wednesday and I still don't have a phone but I have had 3 more calls from O2 asking if I'd like to upgrade. My order now says it has a 2 week wait - I'm probably bottom of a new list now after cancelling. But rest assured someone on the 64gb list will get theirs slightly earlier now. Cynical no. Beginning to wish I'd listened to one of the car phone warehouse callers whom I'd sent away as so happy previously with O2 service. I don't mind waiting but I can't even progress check under my O2 like I'm told I can - also continuous promises that never materialise is atrocious customer service. Sorry if this rant - not question ended up in the wrong place but I feel I need to tell someone
Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Strangely I got an email this afternoon to say it's been shipped !!! I will not celebrate just yet but wait with bated breath !!!

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Join in here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/iPhone-6-PreOrder/td-p/703503/page/421
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 14

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

What a complete and utter mess! This is definitely O2 that called you and not one of the trusted partners?

Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
The confirmation emails all seem to be from O2 - I never parted wish any credit card details on the phone to pay I clicked through to payment on the O2shop email which I had to login to my O2. Also no money has left my bank account and when I ran 202 from my device and finally got through they are aware of the order - I'm just told there is now a two week wait. What makes me laugh is the email from O2 that says 'your new phone now has your name on it, please complete confirmation and payment within 72 hours or your phone could be re-allocated ' I completed it within an hour but was told this is just a standard email. I asked ' so there was no phone with my name in it' errr not exactly no
Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you I'll post to those threads.
Message 8 of 14

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you I'll post to those threads.

Cheers

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ahhh I see, that just tells me some people are in a lot worse situation than me and even the new 2 week timescale is possibly optimistic. Maybe I'll try and forget about it and hope to get a surprise in my postbox before Christmas!!! I just wish the loonies would stop phoning me to tell me I can now upgrade my phone. That's what will make me angry in the end, it can't be that difficult to see that it's in progress surely
Message 10 of 14