cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to iphone 6 nightmare

Anonymous
Not applicable
After phoning constantly and unable to get through for 1 week I placed my order online for an iphone 6 in 64gb grey. I was told there was a 3 week wait and accepted this gracefully. 3 weeks later, no sign of the phone or and despatch emails. I then recieve a call from O2 asking if I'd like to upgrade my phone, I explain I've already tried to do this but not yet received the phone, if possible could they check where it is in the system. I'm then told there is another 4-6 week wait. Nothing can be done. On Thursday last week I recieve another call from O2 asking if I'd like to upgrade my phone, again I explain and am told 4-6 week wait but however the 128gb iphone 6 in grey is currently in stock and shipping next day, I'm told I can cancel other upgrade and re-order more expensive phone and will arrive Monday at latest. I agree First upgrade is cancelled but takes 24 hours. Operator promises to call back next day which he did, and placed order for more expensive 128gb iphone 6 in grey. I'm assured still in stock and will ship as soon as I have completed the email confirmation and payment. I also agree to take out the insurance as am now about to own an £800 iphone eeeek scary, yes please I do need insurance. It's now Wednesday and I still don't have a phone but I have had 3 more calls from O2 asking if I'd like to upgrade. My order now says it has a 2 week wait - I'm probably bottom of a new list now after cancelling. But rest assured someone on the 64gb list will get theirs slightly earlier now. Cynical no. Beginning to wish I'd listened to one of the car phone warehouse callers whom I'd sent away as so happy previously with O2 service. I don't mind waiting but I can't even progress check under my O2 like I'm told I can - also continuous promises that never materialise is atrocious customer service. Sorry if this rant - not question ended up in the wrong place but I feel I need to tell someone
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93240 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

It's reminiscent of a Christmas pantomime...it' in stock, oh no it's not!!

Message 11 of 14

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I just wish the loonies would stop phoning me to tell me I can now upgrade my phone. That's what will make me angry in the end, it can't be that difficult to see that it's in progress surely

I wouldn't bank on them being that competent Crazy

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 12 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

For some turning to CPW has resolved the situation.

My colleague at work spoke to CPW over the phone yesterday and her iphone 6 was delivered this afternoon !

For others reserving at the Apple Store and opening up a refresh tariff or upgrading through them has resolved the issue for them.

http://www.apple.com/retail/iphone/

Message 13 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Strangely I got an email this afternoon to say it's been shipped !!! I will not celebrate just yet but wait with bated breath !!!
Message 14 of 14