cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade, but keep present phone on contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All

Looking to upgrade my phone early, to allow me to pass the upgrade phone to my son for him to use on a SIM only contract and continue to use my existing phone as normal.

Is this possible???

Cheers

Phil

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes you can.
You will need to pay any early upgrade fee and then just continue to use your phone as now but it will switch to the new tariff that you choose when you upgrade.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Will you be paying for both contracts? If not and the contract is in his name he will have to undergo credit checks (all supposing he is old enough to take on a contract)

Both contracts could be in your name but payment taken out of his bank account (again depending if he is of an age to have a bank account) .....

Need a bit more info here....Too many variables to give the correct answer as you see...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 3

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes you can.
You will need to pay any early upgrade fee and then just continue to use your phone as now but it will switch to the new tariff that you choose when you upgrade.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3