cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking my galaxy S3

Anonymous
Not applicable

In 2012 I purchased a pay monthly plan with 02 and a samsung galaxy s3 - this was through dialaphone but was an 02 upgrade as I have been a customer for a number of years.

last month I upgraded again to an S5 and want to unlock my s3.  

I have tried via the online form, and via a webchat but on both occasions I have been sent an email saying no details for the purchase of my phone can be found.  Despite the email claiming "If you have a query about your service please visit www.o2.co.uk/help or email us at mailto:mycare@o2mail.co.uk where it will receive our attention.
Regards, O2 Customer Care" when I emailed the address, I was told it was no longer monitored!!!  I have the proof of purchase of the phone through dialaphone and wanted to email it across but obviously that hasn't worked.

I'm not impressed as all I want is an unlocking code.  I was told via email that the team don't want to give me a code in case it turns out the phone isn't locked to O2.  As I'm not stupid, I already checked that before I asked for the code.  And I am willing to take the risk.  I don't have the time at the moment to phone up and really, I don't see why I should.  I tried using a webchat operator, but I just ended up with an identical email to the first.

Is there anyway I can just get this sorted easily??  

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's far better to speak to them rather than the continued frustrations of webchat.

You could also consider an official complaint which can be done via email and may get you the required result. You can also attach your document.

Complaint

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's far better to speak to them rather than the continued frustrations of webchat.

You could also consider an official complaint which can be done via email and may get you the required result. You can also attach your document.

Complaint

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I'm wondering if @Toby or @Anonymous could help.

Private Message one of these two O2 site management and I'm sure they could take a look.

Toby http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/60444

Marina http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/1611753

Let us know how you get on.
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Make sure you are using the correct IMEI number of the phone you want unlocking.
If the phone is no longer on the O2 system you will have to use the PAYG option and pay the £15 unlock fee or put an O2 contract sim back in it to re-register it on the system.
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-ca...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4