cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock MF60 dongle

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can paid to unlock my phone, is it possible to unlock the dongle? 

I no longer in contract with O2, and I need to be able to use the hotspot while I'm abroad with O2 service or not! 

I don't trust the online unlocker, paying £15 to get a code that sort of thing? 

I rather paid O2 if they can do it..... (or if anyone confirmed they have success elsewhere) 

I tried to put my current Orange (phone) sim in the dongle and it said Sim Lock. 

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and welcome to the forum.

You would need to go through O2 to have any device locked to their network officially unlocked I believe.

Or when abroad obtain a dongle and foreign SIM card that will work in that country maybe after finding out which is the best to get.

You could speak to O2 Customer Services to get official clarification.

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Edit ref spellcheck.
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks there's been an ongoing saga with O2. and now a complaint logged.

I have spoken to 3 different live chat agents, all are consistent.....consistently WRONG! 

they all told me my dongle is unlocked, all dongle are sold unlocked. 

One told me it's unlocked automatically after 6month, one said it's my other provider sim problem not the device. The device is fine! any problem go to store and they can "flash the firmware" and it will be ok in 10-15mins. 

ALL THESE rubbish~ still holding a locked dongle, useless while abroad!!

Store manager can't help but have to call customer service, they have to fill an unlock form and told me it's around 7 working day SLA (totally NOT helpful)

Got an email from mycare just now, said that we are unable to process your request as there's not enought balance (£15) to cover the cost of unlatching.

bottom of email told me to email mycare@o2.co.uk

did it, and got "thanks for your email, but we have now shut down our email support service"

EXCELLENT SERVICES O2!!!!!! 

Well done in failing in all aspect! 

Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm sorry to read your still fm having issues and I also would have thought O2 would have removed the link to that email address as contact to O2 via email has been closed for quite a while now. @Toby @Anonymous could you feed this back.

Did you have enough Credit to pay for the unlocking if indeed this is the correct procedure to unlock the dongle.
Message 4 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144307 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Unlocking guide here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-ca...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 9

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

HI @Anonymous ,

Sorry about the confusion around this, feel free to send me a private message (link in my signature) and we can help sort this out slight_smile

I'm Toby, the community coordinator.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks but it's for phone? not dongle?I was told constantly all dongles are unlocked then some tell me to go to a store (even a live chat manager) really frustrating. some said there will be £15 some said there is not such charge as its a dongle.
Message 7 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144307 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
That is the only process O2 have for unlocking.
It will not be done any other way.
The dongle has an IMEI number so I don't see why you can't use that process.
Using an O2 contract sim in it should give you a free unlock.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 9

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi UKshoes,

FYI, I've replied to your private message.

Cheers
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 9 of 9