Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uk Call Centre's ?

lionwing73
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just spoke to O2 Customer services and was pretty convinced I was not talking to a UK based call centre.  I know O2 had plans to reduce the number of UK based call centre staff but while the call was handled professionally there was little empathy and a few communication difficulties.

I have always felt that one of O2's strengths were the UK based call centres...shame from a customers point of view and sympathies to the staff who have been moved onmy this process.

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
I received a call today from O2 and it sounded like a Uk call centre. I think they mentioned based in Manchester. Perhaps @Anonymous could confirm ?

Their was talk a while ago about Uk Callcentres closing hence the statement in my signature but since then jus been confirmed by Wanty that closing them down was one avenue they were looking at which didn't materialise. slight_smile

You have to be careful as some cold calls from partners make you think that they are from O2.

Tbh I've had no issues from Live Chat which outsources abroad.
Message 2 of 25

lionwing73
  • 11 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I may have been wrong - perhaps.

Online chat is very good - no problem with that.

Message 3 of 25

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

There are still UK call centres, @Anonymous you probably received a call from the Bury call centre. O2 do outsource some calls but also bear in mind that O2 employ all ethnic groups so whilst you may think the call is outsourced it may well not be.

Message 4 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
As long as the end result is good service. slight_smile

It would be great if businesses used Uk Call-centres but as I understand it the running costs are higher.

@jonsie thanks for that. It's good O2 operate such a policy IMO.

I have a great deal of patience as you know so language barriers (if any) can be worked on.
Message 5 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know I I ran a big company I would have uk only call centres I think it inspires confidence in the customers and therefore end up with more in the long run
Message 6 of 25

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Most of the companies outsourcing have to weigh up the bigger picture with regards to the cost of runnimg UK based call centres and wages against the cheaper option of overseas based centres. Sometimes you are talking millions of pounds so they compare that with loss of sales and growth and make their decision.

With some companies coming back to the UK based customer service, it shows they don't always get it right.

Message 7 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Let's hope more company's bring them back
Message 8 of 25

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Can you repeat the question?:smileywink:

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 9 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
We go past the large one at Preston Brook which used to employ large numbers, however nowadays the car park is nowhere as full.
Message 10 of 25