cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UNLOCK Code for HTC one x

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have now asked twice for my unlock code from O2 over he last several months, and they have not sent me it. Neither an apology nor an explanation. It is no wonder I will be moving to THREE after my contract is up.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Typically when you have made a few chargeable calls on the phone your sim card latches to the phones IMEI number.

I would say phone o2 Customer Services on 202 and get them to somehow latch them and then re fill in the online form in Jonsie's reply to you.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's rare but it does happen that a code fails to show.

You should receive an e mail in 7 working days.
Check your spam folder.

Just keep trying or use a flea market to unlock It for a small fee.
Message 2 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thing is, this is a replacement one x that I received after 3 weeks into my 2 year contract as the original one x was showing signs of discolouring on the screen. This is the emei number that 02 have registered with them. There do not have the replacement one x emei number , which is the only one I can obviously give them as it is that phone that I want unlocked. As they do not have that emei number they will not unlock! I am very frustrated by a mistake they have made in administration

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Typically when you have made a few chargeable calls on the phone your sim card latches to the phones IMEI number.

I would say phone o2 Customer Services on 202 and get them to somehow latch them and then re fill in the online form in Jonsie's reply to you.

Message 5 of 9

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You could speak to customer service and get them to update your details but the IMEI number you are using should be showing in My O2 when you click on My Phone as long as you have used it with your sim card.

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have requested the unlock code for my HTC One X three times, it being a replacement phone issued in Aug 2013.  Just get the automated response in a few hours "unlock code not on our database" please send us the a load of details about "phone purchase" which O2 already have on file.  Additionally it states request the details from the phone's original supplier, which bizarrely is the O2 Repair Centre!  Three times went to the on line chat, which gets the same automated respone from the on-line un-lock request.  The yarns you will get told are we have submitted an unlock code request to the manufacturer, you will receive an email wihin 7 days.  After that you will be told a request is "in the queue" and you will DEFINIETLY have an unlock code within 7 days.  Yeah Right - phone still locked to O2 and yet another pair of "unlock code not on our database". emails  Has anyone out there got an unlock code from O2?  Or are O2 "Customer Support" just winding people up?

Message 7 of 9

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

O2 normally supply unlocking codes as standard with no problem. It seems the issue here is that the phone was replaced and O2 are incorrectly asking for proof of purchase. If you can't get this resolved by speaking to customer service on 202 then I would make a complaint via email to the complaint review service. Do not use live chat for this request, you need to speak to them.

Complaint link if you need it.

Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Just lately we have had a few reports of people struggling with replacement phones.
Something is failing in the O2 system that needs to be addressed to eliminate this problem from the future.
As long as the phone has been used with your SIM card there shouldn't be any problems at all as it is just a simple look up routine on a database.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 9