cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trade in Refunds

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

I'm in a confusing situation so I'll try and explain - I just want to know if anybody else has been here before and can provide me with some reassurance. 

I took my old iPhone 6 Plus in store. I was offered £215, of which £179.99 went towards the upfront cost of a new phone on a new contract, and £35.01 was put onto my debit card.

The following day, I went back and cancelled the contract and returned the phone (I found a deal somewhere else). They took the handset back off me, but as part of processing the refund, also took the £35.01 back from me, as well as keeping my old handset which, as a recycle, they could not return. They then considered everything over, until I asked about the £215 (I hadn't been refunded the upfront cost, and I'd returned the £35.01, so the store has both my old phone, my £215, and I have no contract with them). I was told that this would be sent to me as a cheque in the following 10 days, but it's been two weeks and I've heard nothing.

Has anybody else done this before, traded in a phone against a new plan which they've then cancelled instead? Should I go back into the store or keep waiting for a cheque? Or does it sound like the store has made a mistake?

I'd really appreciate any advice/reassurance. 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
In this case the £215 would be paid to the store so it's them you need to chase for the money.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
In this case the £215 would be paid to the store so it's them you need to chase for the money.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I'll go in and try again. I'm just worried they won't believe me/won't pay me!

Message 3 of 5

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Welcome to the forum @Anonymous! Please do keep us updated on your refund situation. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 5

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Taking the £35 back was totally wrong. You are entitled to the full amount you were offered. Chase the store and if you get no joy then make a complaint using the contact link at the foot of the page

Message 5 of 5