cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texting from abroad

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello all. I have an O2 monthly contract with unlimited texts. I was recently in Florida and had no problems sending and receiving text messages however since arriving here in St Lucia I can only receive. I have checked the message centre number and that seems to be ok. Making and receiving calls is fine. Any ideas?
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Asdic_Ping
Level 4: Observant
  • 87 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Thanks for the information on tariffs good to know. The cost of texting isn't so bad in Europe, but I was in China recently where sending a text is 40p!

BlackBerry 9300, 9810 & Playbook
Message 11 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's expensive.

Just to add some American Networks charge the receiver of a text a fee too !
Message 12 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The land of milk & honey where you pay for absolutely everything!

Until some world governing body regulates these charges, UK networks will continue to claw back the lost European profits by overcharging for roaming outside the EU. Ok, someone kick my soapbox away now!:smileywink:

Message 13 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys. Sorry for the delay. only just got home. Thanks very much for all your help. I did sort it eventually: Jonsie, you were spot on; the issue was with the local provider. I changed the network manually and all was good.
Thanks again.
Message 14 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 15 of 16

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I'm surprised you made it through to the answer there jonsie, spot on as usual. slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 16 of 16