Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If you are in the UK calling a UK phone (no matter where in the world) it will cost you just the same as if they were sitting next to you.
It's the phone that is abroad that gets the additional charges, not you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
We'd love to - Please explain?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

This what you're looking for?

http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/calling_abroad_from_uk

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Awww! Thank you! I'd like to be able to text, maybe call, someone who's in the USA just for 4 weeks. I just can't find help with charges - there's loads of info about if I am the one abroad calling and texting, but I'm going around in frustrating loops about me staying put and making contact abroad! I don't want to change my tariff as this is just a very short period of time that I need to use my phone for texting/calling abroad. Can you help please? Thank you!
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for that! Unfortunately this is the link I'm going around in circles with! To get it, it sends a code to my phone, then I enter it and it simply takes me back to where it asks me to enter the code! 😕 I've even tried it three times and been sent three different codes... but it's like a stuck record! And 'live chat' is inaccessible! AARGHH!
Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If you are in the UK calling a UK phone (no matter where in the world) it will cost you just the same as if they were sitting next to you.
It's the phone that is abroad that gets the additional charges, not you.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

I don't know what link you're talking about, but if you click on the link in my reply above and type in United States in the box that asks what country, it will tell you how much it will cost you to call and text the US if you're a Pay Monthly or Pay & Go customer. If you're calling a UK number, it's as MI5 says above.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 7