cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching Networks Help

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, I was looking into upgrading to the iPhone 6 and I want to switch networks to EE, however my contract does not end until 22nd February 2015 (22nd January 1 month early upgrade) I currently have an iPhone 4S. I was wondering if I have to pay anything in order to upgrade early and switching to a different network.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Yes you would have to pay what you owe until the end of your contract. If you call O2 Customer Service on 202 from your mobile you can ask for your PAC if you want to keep your number. When you give EE your PAC it will automatically cancel your O2 contract and a final bill for what you owe O2 will be raised. 

If your iPhone 4S is locked to O2 you might want to sell it. You can get it unlocked for free while you're still on your O2 contract by using this link:

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Yes you would have to pay what you owe until the end of your contract. If you call O2 Customer Service on 202 from your mobile you can ask for your PAC if you want to keep your number. When you give EE your PAC it will automatically cancel your O2 contract and a final bill for what you owe O2 will be raised. 

If your iPhone 4S is locked to O2 you might want to sell it. You can get it unlocked for free while you're still on your O2 contract by using this link:

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to add to Bambino's excellent advice.

If you request your pac code on 23rd Jan Jan (i.e. The 30 days before your contract ends), and you give that to EE, your number may port before 22nd February. Your contract with o2 would end the day your number ports as the rules changed around billing for the final month where a pac is used.

If you request your pac before the final 30 days you will be charged to 22nd February I believe.
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
thank you very much for your reply, that answers my question clearly!
Message 4 of 4