cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S6 camera faulty - sent for repair - now what?

Anonymous
Not applicable

My samsung S6 has a fault with the camera where it wont focus unless you give it a shake, this is a common and well known fault, the phone is around 6 weeks old (it had this fault when new but i jsut thought i wasnt using it porperly) it has been sent off to avovo(?) for repair/replacment, the phone has a small mark on the bottom off it where it has been scratched - i know this company are utterly useless and will try to void the warranty even though this is a well known fault my question is what do i after that?

If they agree to give me a new phone do i have to accept a refurbished one? i want a brand new one! 

if they do not agree to fix the fault can i go to Samsung for repair? 

Will they contact me once they know if they are going to sort it out or not?

Im very angry with this whole situation, the guy on the phone was acting like he has never heard of this problem and that its probably because i have damaged it, utter crap, the guy i spoke to in the shop confirmed to me its a common problem and a quick search on the internet also confirms it.

If this doesnt get sorted out im done with o2, been with them for 10 years and they are treating me like an idiot.

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
I wonder why?
Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 21 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

If it was purchased in UK then the sale of goods act applies. Your contract is with O2, not the manufacturer and you do niot have to accept a replacement  regardless of O2 cooling off policy, their policy does not alklow them to make customers keep "goods not fit for their intended purpose" Contact Trading Standards./

Message 22 of 25

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
What?
It's been sorted.
Message 23 of 25

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts