cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S6 camera faulty - sent for repair - now what?

Anonymous
Not applicable

My samsung S6 has a fault with the camera where it wont focus unless you give it a shake, this is a common and well known fault, the phone is around 6 weeks old (it had this fault when new but i jsut thought i wasnt using it porperly) it has been sent off to avovo(?) for repair/replacment, the phone has a small mark on the bottom off it where it has been scratched - i know this company are utterly useless and will try to void the warranty even though this is a well known fault my question is what do i after that?

If they agree to give me a new phone do i have to accept a refurbished one? i want a brand new one! 

if they do not agree to fix the fault can i go to Samsung for repair? 

Will they contact me once they know if they are going to sort it out or not?

Im very angry with this whole situation, the guy on the phone was acting like he has never heard of this problem and that its probably because i have damaged it, utter crap, the guy i spoke to in the shop confirmed to me its a common problem and a quick search on the internet also confirms it.

If this doesnt get sorted out im done with o2, been with them for 10 years and they are treating me like an idiot.

Message 1 of 25
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122890 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

The phone is 6 weeks old. Samsung give a 2 year warranty. You should not under any circumstances accept a refurb. If you get no joy with Anova then contact Samsung directly

http://www.samsung.com/uk/info/contactus.html

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
1. You should have sent it to Samsung In the first place as they have a 2 year warranty
2. O2 will not offer you a replacement as it is out of the cooling off period, they will just repair it
3 they will return it once it's repaired, they will give you a tracking number & website
Message 2 of 25

jonsie
  • 93213 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

O2 should repair it as per manufacturers standards but this forum is littered with posts about their shoddy work and  unethical practices regarding claims of water damage and user damage. Hopefully you took photos re the condition of the phone before sending it off to Anovo.

They should repair it or advise you of any reason the phone is not covered under the warranty along with an estimate for repair. You are entitled to ask for the phone back in the condition it was sent and then get in contact with Samsung for an inspection.

As for them sending a recon phone, that is something you would need to sort out with O2. I would not accept a recon for a 6 week old phone.

Message 3 of 25

MI5
  • 144285 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
Go directly to Samsung in the first instance.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122890 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

The phone is 6 weeks old. Samsung give a 2 year warranty. You should not under any circumstances accept a refurb. If you get no joy with Anova then contact Samsung directly

http://www.samsung.com/uk/info/contactus.html

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 25

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Crystal ball time...

Ten quid says
"The mark on the bottom is from a drop and has knocked the lens array from its mount"
It's coming, you just know it is....
Message 6 of 25

jonsie
  • 93213 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Bunch of cowboys. 

Lets face it, not much goes wrong with these telephones so like a dodgy mechanic they make sure it fails the MOT.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 8 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
I bet they claim water damage, their trademark excuse
Message 9 of 25

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Tempted but i'm sticking with "customer damage" from the imaginary drop.
Message 10 of 25