cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S4 - bulging battery issue - appalling O2 response to the problem

Anonymous
Not applicable

My Galaxy S4 has the bulging battery problem.  It's well documented, and both Samsung and O2 accept that there was a problem with these batteries.  My guess is that it's a fire risk just waiting to happen.

One phone came from Amazon, who dealt with the problem superbly, more than a year after the purchase.  An immediate and helpful response - problem solved with a new battery.

O2, however, provided the other phone and they couldn't be less helpful.  They expect me to hand them back the phone (with its user-replaceable battery) so that they can send it back to Samsung.

Are they serious?  Hand over my phone, along with all the personal data on it?  Do without it until it gets sent back again?  And this for a £400+ phone, for the sake of a £10 battery?

Comet used to provide customer service like this, and look where it got them!

Mobile phone companies have managed to get an appalling reputation with the general public, and behaviour like this from O2 just makes it worse.  Why would anyone buy a phone from O2 when they behave like this?

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

You definitely have a problem other than batteries. Factory rest and get rid of any battery or power saving apps. Other than that send it off to Samsung.

Message 31 of 31