O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Level 1: Joiner
Suzi_G
Accepted Solution

Samsung Galaxy S2 - 'Not enough memory' error closes music app.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 and it's been working fine but this time after I synchronised it with my music library on Kies, it now won't let me access my music on the phone. It appears with 'Not enough memory' error and then immediately closes/crashes but I can still access my Gallery. Does anyone know how to fix this problem so I can access my music? Would be much appreciated! :smileyhappy:

Suzi

Please use plain text.
MI5
Topics: 232
Solutions: 2,880

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 - 'Not enough memory' error closes music app.

Go into settings, application manager, All and find the music player app. Open it and clear cache & clear data. Restart the phone and wait for the media scanner to run (maybe upto 5 mins depending on how much you have stored on phone) then try it again. Where are you storing the files?
Samsung S3 i9305 Dual SIM. Asus Fonepad.
(HTC One M7. Samsung ATIV s. Xperia Z1.)
Note 4 (still) pre-ordered.
Please use plain text.
Level 1: Joiner
Suzi_G

Thanks for the quick response. It would only let me clear data though as the option to clear cache wasn't lit up. But it still closes music app even after restarting and waiting, and they're stored on an external sd card.
Please use plain text.
MI5
Topics: 232
Solutions: 2,880

This is a free version of an excellent music player. It's worth a try to see if it fixes your problem. It might also be wise for you to clear cache from recovery mode which will dump any temp files you may have clogging your phone up. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nullsoft.winamp&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwy...
Samsung S3 i9305 Dual SIM. Asus Fonepad.
(HTC One M7. Samsung ATIV s. Xperia Z1.)
Note 4 (still) pre-ordered.
Please use plain text.