cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question RE O2 insure & a new iPhone

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm curently half way through my contract with o2 and i've changed my iPhone from the 5s to the 6. My o2 insurance is for my 5s which i took out when i purchased my phone. I've recently changed to the iPhone 6 (on Tuesday) which was given to me by my mum who upgraded on her Vodafone contract but didn't want the phone so i took it off her hands. 

I'd like to know if i'd be able to change my insurance so that i'm insured for the iPhone 6 and no longer the 5s? is this possible to do as i'm still on the same contract & have a year left to go.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
O2 insurance has to be taken within 28 days of you buying the phone or contract and O2 specify that they have to examine the phone, so in short, it is not possible with a phone sourced elsewhere.
Protect your bubble etc offer alternatives though so you will be wise to check out the other options available to you and also cancel your original O2 insurance policy.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
  • 122931 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Hi Richey

You will need to ring your insurance and ask them. It should be possible. You may have to pay a little extra. but until you ring them no-one can be sure...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Just ring O2 on 202 contract or 4445 payg and they'll confirm if they can add the iPhone to your account.

Unfortunately as the iPhone wasn't secured through O2 but by Vodaphone I don't think they will.

You could add Applecare+ through an Apple Store or online but this has to be done within a certain time frame.

https://www.apple.com/uk/support/products/iphone.html

Also if you have a bank account with mobile cover you should let them know too. Also check any home contents cover.
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
O2 insurance has to be taken within 28 days of you buying the phone or contract and O2 specify that they have to examine the phone, so in short, it is not possible with a phone sourced elsewhere.
Protect your bubble etc offer alternatives though so you will be wise to check out the other options available to you and also cancel your original O2 insurance policy.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4