cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems buying O2 Insurance for a Pay&Go Phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope someone here can help us out!

My partner bought a Pay&Go S4 Mini from the o2 website. The website says you can ONLY buy o2 Insure from an o2 store. We went into our local store today and they (very rudely) informed us that they "did not have the means to sell insurance to a Pay&Go Handset, only Pay Monthly." This was despite the fact my friend had bought insurance on a Pay&Go handset from this same shop on the same phone only a few weeks ago. We called customer service (as per the shop's instruction) who were sure it could only be done in store, but the staff continued to adamantly deny this.

What do we do? We now only have a few days until the 28 day window is up! 

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
I fear more for the nametag-hiding employee that was rude and aggressive! They won't leave tomorrow without his name so God help the kid if he gets rude to MIL!
Message 21 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

So you'll be still in the window to add Insurance, Phew slight_smile

Message 22 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

just remember that the store manager has the same tools to handle a complaint the same way a customer services manager from customer services, so no reason why he should refer you to the complaints team when he can resolve the issue himself. wink

Message 23 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

How did it go @Anonymous ? I'm curious!Weird

Message 24 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
We won!

He went in and saw the manager as requested, and he was able to buy insurance (had to pay the annual but hey ho.)

He forgot to get the name of the awfully rude and agressive sales assistant from the week before, but we are still in the process of lodging a massive formal complaint. It shouldn't be that hard to get a straight answer, and it is 100% unacceptable for all but one member of staff to not know about a very important service their network offers.

Thanks for all your help guys!
Message 25 of 29

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Glad you got it sorted and good luck with the complaint. Maybe a goodwill gesture will be forthcoming slight_smile

Message 26 of 29

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122383 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Glad you got it sorted and good luck with the complaint. Maybe a goodwill gesture will be forthcoming slight_smile

I agree. Wouldnt it be lovely if the OP got a whole year free insurance?. (Oh...and you see that pink pig flying through the sky) ...LOL

Seriously very well done. Glad you got it sorted...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
A long haul to get to the end reasonable result.

Well done you for sticking with it.
Message 28 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm happy that all ended well! Bouncy

Message 29 of 29