cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems buying O2 Insurance for a Pay&Go Phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope someone here can help us out!

My partner bought a Pay&Go S4 Mini from the o2 website. The website says you can ONLY buy o2 Insure from an o2 store. We went into our local store today and they (very rudely) informed us that they "did not have the means to sell insurance to a Pay&Go Handset, only Pay Monthly." This was despite the fact my friend had bought insurance on a Pay&Go handset from this same shop on the same phone only a few weeks ago. We called customer service (as per the shop's instruction) who were sure it could only be done in store, but the staff continued to adamantly deny this.

What do we do? We now only have a few days until the 28 day window is up! 

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Good customer service costs nothing but is invaluable to a business. I'm sure the manager there would be very unimpressed with this particular staff member. Perhaps when you next go in and are met with the same response, maybe politely asking for the manager's name and the complaints address will see a change of attitude...or not.

In the meantime you can make a complaint about the particular store here : How to complain

Message 11 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad to know u r making some progress, don't give up slight_smile

Like jonsie said Good customer service costs nothing! So if u go in store and ask for the Manager, somebody should be there, responsible for the store, if he is still on holiday. And do mention what happened to him, as store manager as able to deal with complaints in store. Fingers crossed!:smileyhappy:

Message 12 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
THE PLOT THICKENS!

My poor man is being messed about still. He just got off the phone with o2, and has been told the "senior guy" said they don't offer insurance for pay and go, only pay monthly. The website obviously states otherwise. We have no idea how to proceed. We can't even leave o2 because his phone is locked to the network.
Message 13 of 29

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You can get the phone unlocked but only after 12 months for PAYG phones http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-ca...
You best bet would be to go elsewhere for insurance and also file a complaint against the store.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't know if this will work but... have you tried ringing CS on 4445 and explain what is happening and ask them to give that store manager a ring?

Message 15 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
We have rung everybody... Main CS, O2 insurance directly.. We've tried webchat and going in store (going again this afternoon.) Not one person has been helpful or even given us the same answer!
Message 16 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous can you perhaps assist this member ?
Message 17 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
FINALLY, A BREAKTHROUGH!

We sent the Mother In Law into the shop to wage war. She refused to leave until she spoke to the manager.

Turns out he wasn't on holiday! He's told them to come in tomorrow to set it all up. Mother in Law will go with my partner to oversee.

HUGE complaint coming o2s way still. We started this process 10 days ago, and tomorrow will be day 28. It should not take this long to set up a service or even get a straight answer, and especially when receiving the abysmal level of customer service that we have.

I'm shocked at O2. Until now we'd had nothing but good experiences.
Message 18 of 29

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Sadly you have had a very unsatisfactory experience, however, it seems we both may share the same MiL..... Is yours known as the "Exocet missile" too slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 29

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

No one should have to go to those lengths for such a simple purchase. I do hope all goes well tomorrow otherwise I fear for the safety of the store manager wink

Message 20 of 29