cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Priority to iPhone customers at the expense of existing customers

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been trying all week to get through to O2 customer services to give my 30days notice.  My contract expires soon and I dont want this to roll into a new month.  I want to take my PAC and leave.

Online Chat initially say theyll transfer me to the cancellation team only to come back and say they are not able to do this at this time.  Only today did someone online admit to me that their chat cancellation sytem is not actualy working at the minute.  the cynic in my says tis is probably deliberate to reassign resorces to new iPhone orders.

So the alternative is to call them.  Fine.  Or not!  Ive tried the number at least twice for the past 5days and have been left on hold anywhere up to 30mins.  When I addressed this with yet another online chat assistant they pretty much admitted priority is being given to iPhone 6 customers (Im on an iPhone 5 and happy with it).

How am I supposed to give the neccessary 30days notice if I can't get through?  Is it any wonder I'll be happy if/when I finally get that PAC code?

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144159 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Some advice here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/high...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is a legal requirement for the network to provide the PAC within 2 hours of being requested.

Try using the online chat to request the PAC......O2's staffing levels should be of no concern to you!

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
You could try http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain to put your issues forward although thus may not be the fastest way of achieving what you want to do.
Message 5 of 5