cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor 3G signal & dropouts since area went live with 4G

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Folks.

Has anyone else noticed that after an area was upgraded to 4G, that the 3G signal and service has become very poor?

We are experiencing (on multiple devices) low signal strength and dropouts, and this literally started when 4G went live.

O2 support gave me the flat response of everything is working fine, and to ensure I had wifi turned off and mobile data on. But thats not the level of service we are experiencing, so am interested if anyone has noticed this?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Starting to feel the same 🙂

I have to admit I am a very rare user of my phone for actual voice calls, so personally not 100% worried about this problem or switching to another provider. But its annoying if the basic voice service is not working when you need it, especially when we are paying money for this.  Also. There is that niggling thing of customer service. There would be uproar if I fail to pay my O2 bill, but when I dont actually have a signal that I am paying for - then suddenly I am invisible 😉

Funny thing, I just wrote the above and glanced at my landline based phone - works perfectly everytime I lift the receiver. Ok, its not portable, but it has always worked and no battery needs charging. People can leave me a message, and without a mobile - I would have a degree of personal freedom back and money to spend elsewhere. What else could I spend £25 to £50...hmmmmmmm lol

Message 11 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Instant communication on the go....how did we ever do without it? Very well actually!

I agree however, what is the point of staying with a network that just let's you use your phone as a very expensive music player/camera? None!

There you go two questions and I've answered both myself LOL

Message 12 of 12