cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please delete my online account

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't seem to find any options to do so in my account settings and trying to contact o2 just leads to useless links.

Please delete my account and remove any and all data that you may have please.

Thank you

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

You should send a private message to Toby or Leonard and they can get this sorted for you.
They may not see this post as it is a long weekend so a private message will be best slight_smile
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have reported your thread to them in order to progress this for you.
Message 3 of 13

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi there,

I have sent you a private message about this, so have a read and get back to me.

Cheers!
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, message read. If anyone knows how to delete accounts I'd love to know, can't seem to see any standard "delete account" options anywhere...

Message 5 of 13

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok, message read. If anyone knows how to delete accounts I'd love to know, can't seem to see any standard "delete account" options anywhere...

If you were serious about having your account closed why are you still posting here?

If you're asking for your main O2 account to be closed you only have to phone and ask.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Toby,

Can you please let me know how I can delete myo2 account (I was last a customer in 2010)?

I've rung o2 tonight and they suggested this option was available on the website but this doesn't appear to be available.

Thanks

Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm sure Toby will assist you slight_smile

However with the forum account I believe you just log out and it will go dormant.

If your on Payg the account will de activate after non use after not making a call within 6 months and not topping up in 999 days.

I believe your account won't be deleted fully for business audit purposes.
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your quick reply.

I've seen several threads where people have suggested the accounts go dormant after 6 months, unfortunately my own experience would suggest this isn't the case. I haven't logged into my account for at least 3 years and was able to log back in.

Given the recent high-profile hacking incidents I'm going back through my old accounts to try to remove my personal information as much as possible. My o2 account still shows my dob, phone and current email.

Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Yes a Payg account SIM card will typically deactivate after 6 months of non use

With regards to your O2 Community Forum Account I'm sure @Toby or @Anonymous will be able to assist.
Message 10 of 13